Over the years, we have been so blessed to have such amazing articles written about us. We also would like to use this forum to keep our readers informed on seafood related news, and environmental issues that may affect our oceans, our Gulf and other sources of seafood.
– Where to Find Austin’s Crawfish boils this season
Culture Map Austin has written about our experience at the Great American Seafood Cook – Off 2013
Best of Citysearch
– Quality Seafood has been voted as Best Seafood Restaurant in Austin! 2013
– Fresh at 75! The Austin Chronicle has given us their Front Page to celebrate 75 years in Austin.
– Edible Austin Cooks! Edition features our lovely owner, Carol Huntsberger and her family.
– Anthony Bourdain visits Austin and hangs out with The Sword at Quality Seafood Market in the season premiere of No Reservations.
Water Melon Thump & Chef Throw Down
– William Chris Vineyards had a special event on June 23rd, called the Watermelon Thump & Chef Throw Down. Quality Seafood won best overall dish with its Texas watermelon and shrimp ceviche!
The Destination Guide
– Quality Seafood Market was selected to be part of The Destination Guide’s Best of Austin Competition! The Destination Guide asked their fans to recommend the best places to visit in Austin, narrowed the favorites down based on a highly selective criteria, then traveled — camera in hand — to go behind the scenes at each location.
– Anthony Bourdain visits Quality Seafood!
– Quality Seafood Market places in the top 5 sports-watching spots in Austin, TX.
– Owner of Quality Seafood Market, Carol Huntsberger, talks about the coming Lenten season.
– Rich Taylor of Quality Seafood Market shares a couple of Cajun inspired seafood recipes, guaranteed to spice up your Mardi Gras feast.
– Quality Seafood Market owner, Carol Huntsberger, talks about the influence the drought has had on red tide and this year’s Texas oyster season.
-Fishmonger Ryan Verheyn talks about the safety of Gulf seafood on the one-year anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Austin American Statesman
– Owner of Quality Seafood Market, Carol Huntsberger, talks with the Statesman about the crisis in Japan and Quality Seafood imports from Hawaii.
My Fox Austin – New legislation may give Texas catfish farmers a leg up; interview with Quality Seafood owner Carol Huntsberger.
L Style Magazine
– Quality Seafood Market considered the “Best Local Seafood” restaurant
– Quality Seafood Market trumps Truluck’s & Eddie V’s to win “Best Seafood” category.
– Among other rare foodie finds, Quality Seafood Market carries alligator sirloin meat.
– Review of Quality Seafood Market’s weekly Saturday lobster and crab boil
Community Impact Newspaper
– In the wake of the BP oil spill, Austinites turn to Quality Seafood as an authority on freshness and quality.
– Interview with Quality Seafood proprietor Carol Huntsberger
– Chef Rich Taylor discusses gulf oyster availability in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon spill.
– Central Texans turn to Quality Seafood to find out how the Gulf seafood supply will be affected by the recent oil spill.
– The Gulf oil spill could mean economic growth for some Texas aquaculture operations.